Scottish SEO Services
SEO is an invaluable process to boost your website naturally, without paid advertising for a short term rise in ranking. However, many people don’t really know much about SEO or what it actually does (I know I didn’t before I started working in the field). In this article, I will explain SEO, its benefits and its process so you can see why you should utilize it.
What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization means optimising your website’s content to help boost your website’s relevance and therefore it’s ranking on search engine results.
Let’s break it down even further. All the written text on your website is what we refer to when we say content. Google chooses to rank websites in a certain order, with over 200 different signals it checks every site for. Not all 200 are known, but we know a few very powerful ones. One of these is your content and Keywords. Google reads your content and checks it for keywords. Now Keywords are focus words for a page, that relate to the business, product or service for that page. For example, if you are a Roofing company based in Aberdeen, your homepage Keyword might be “Professional Roofing Aberdeen”. This means if someone searches for “Professional Roofing Aberdeen”, Google will know your website relates to that will display it in the search results. Each page on your website can and should have a different keyword so you could expand on that with “Slate Roofing Aberdeen” and “Tile Roofing Aberdeen”.
This helps Google know more about your business and services and adds to your relevance of searches. Although to help boost your website you should have a lot of variations and related words to the keyword, naturally in your content. This is where Content Writers come in handy. Google can recognise if a page has been filled with keywords and will rank you down, so you need to have a natural flow of text with keywords occurring naturally in the text too.
SEO may seem like a daunting process but if you find a company to help, they can have this done for you easily. One thing to note though is SEO does take time. The standard practice after editing and updating content to fit with keywords is to leave the website and monitor it for around a month, (this can be shorter for minor changes). After the month mark, we can see how the website is performing and how it has improved. We can see if it needs more work or if it has achieved the aim. For the short period of time it takes, it is definitely worth it.
What is the Purpose of SEO and SEO Services?
Overall the purpose of SEO is to raise your business website ranking position in the search engine results, so you rank above your competitors, get more exposure and likely more business.
Take a second a think. How often do you check the second page of Google Search Results? How often do you go to the first result of a search? If not the first, how often do you find what you are looking for in the second or third result?
I’ll take a guess and say you rarely check the second page, you usually go to the first result, and if not that then the search will end in the second or third result. Did I get that right? You are probably not that surprised to know but the top result on Google gets a whopping 42% of all traffic, the second gets only 11% and the third 8%. From this, you can see the advantage of being on top is massive, and even then being in the top three is still very valuable.
The first page of search results, which roughy only around 10 results, excluding the three for Location and adverts, gets 89% of traffic and page two only receives 4%, so top three results are the best but even being on page one will have a huge benefit to your website and attracting customers.
What can SEO and the SEO Service do for your Scottish Business Website?
You can see how important ranking is on search engine results from the statistics above. However, SEO and using SEO Services has a few invaluable benefits that will directly affect your business in a positive way.
- Increased Website Traffic – Ranking higher than your current position will increase traffic to your website. This means more people viewing your website, learning about your business and products or services you may offer. This is likely to also increase people subscribing to mailing lists and purchases.
- Organic Exposure – Just as ranking higher increases your website traffic, this also acts as exposure. SEO is a great way to get your business, brand, products and services out there and known. More people see your site and visiting your pages, makes your brand known to them and increases the reputation of your business.
- Authenticity – People have a lot of mistrust of unknown or new to them websites. Almost everyone has a bad experience ordering online so a standard mistrust is understandable. People generally have more trust for websites that rank high, as Google obviously has ranked them well for a reason, which likely includes good reviews, ratings and comments. Having a website rank higher with SEO will also build trust with visitors and will generate more sales from that trust.
- Up to Date Site – Some SEO Companies might offer to do upkeep on your website over a period of time with an SEO package or as an added extra. This means they will install any updates to your website programming and software as well as making use of security certificates that are up to date as well. They might be able to edit and update content for you during this too, and they will keep an eye on any unusual activity such as potential hackers to keep your website safe and up to date.
- Great Content – If you do go down the route of content writers (which we recommend) your content will be great. Content Writers have experience in writing well-written content with Keywords naturally included throughout and writing for SEO. Not only that but your content will accurately represent your business, products and services, working from the information you have provided and their own research, and it will be new content, Unique to your website. This content will also be engaging and will attract customers and keep them reading.
SEO Scotland Services with Marketive
Here at Marketive, we offer several services to help with your business online presence, including SEO.
We love to work with all manner of businesses, no matter the business size or industry. Our trained and skilled team are experienced in working on SEO projects on a wide range of different businesses, with a successful outcome.
We offer all our services all over Scotland. You can find the SEO pages for each city on the SEO Scotland Page. We have pages dedicated to Website Design and SEO in Aberdeen, Arbroath, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow. We have worked from businesses in Inverness as well, so don’t hesitate to get in touch even if your city isn’t listed, or you are based in the countryside.
The SEO Process for your Business Website
Here at Marketive we follow a tried and tested process and techniques when working on SEO projects. Have a look at our steps below.
- SEO Audit – To get the ball rolling we will start with an SEO audit. Our SEO Analysts will run some programs to check your website and see how it shapes in terms of SEO, Keywords, Content, and in comparison to your Competitors. From this, we can see what needs to be improved or changed, and we will make a plan to implement those. At Marketive we offer a Free SEO Audit. Read on for more information.
- Keywords and Competitors – Next, we research your chosen keyword and gather the best relevant keywords to also use in the content. We’ll ensure you’re staying up to date by researching the websites of your competitors. This will include checking the keywords that they use, so we know how to better assist you in ranking against your competitors and give you that extra edge. If you opt for Content Writers they will be doing research on the topic they will be writing on, in preparation for writing.
- On-Page Optimisation – After that, we’ll inspect the page speed, check sitemaps, robot.txt and if your SSL certificate is installed and also verify if you have analytic tools set up. Then there’s ensuring the content length and keywords are appropriate on how you’d like to rank, among other tasks.
- Build Backlinks – Then, we make use of backlinks. Backlinks are very important to SEO and have been the main ranking factor on Google for many years. With backlinks, we find sites related to your website and create a link that leads back to your website. This indicates to Google the relevance of your website. Using backlinks builds domain authority which will help you push your E.A.T – Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness. We can also build citations that assist in pushing your Google My Business listings.
- Monitor the Changes to your Website from SEO – When all of the SEO work is complete, we will monitor your website. This includes leaving it to perform and monitoring the results after 30 days for the major changes, or around 1-2 weeks for the smaller ones. We’ll then have a full overview of the success of the website and report how its ranking has improved.
Contact Us Today for a Free SEO Audit and SEO Scotland
Marketive enjoying working with your business. We enjoy helping Scottish businesses become more prevalent online and using our skills and years of knowledge to get your local business to the top of Google where it should be.
We offer a Free SEO Audit to all businesses who are interested in improving their website with our SEO Services. All you have to do is get in touch with us. You can find our contact details on our Contact Us page, along with a quick and easy contact form you can fill in.
We will get back to you as soon as possible. We are happy to answer any questions you have about the process as well, so don’t hesitate to ask.
Check out our SEO Scotland page now for more information, and links to the individual area SEO pages.